Browse by Region
10th ASP Meeting To Open in New York Next Week: Related Statements and Documents
07 Dec 2011
The tenth session of the Assembly of States Parties (ASP) to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC) will take place on 12 - 21 December 2011 at the United Nations headquarters in New York.
States parties will meet to make decisions on a number of issues central to the ICC such as the elections of new ICC leadership (including a new chief prosecutor, six judges, and the Assembly of States Parties President), the adoption of the Court's budget, and cooperation with the ICC, amongst many others.
The ASP is a pivotal event for the Coalition for the ICC, which has participated in ASP sessions for well over a decade. The Coalition will take part in the ASP with a large delegation of global civil society representatives and will contribute to discussions through numerous side events and the submission of position papers.
Please find below a non-exhaustive list of ASP-related documents produced by Coalition issue teams as well as individual members' recommendations to the ASP. These papers are also available on the Coalition's website at: http://coalitionfortheicc.org/?mod=asp10 .
Official ASP documents and journals can be found on the ICC-ASP website at:
The Coalition's Secretariat will keep you updated on the latest key ASP developments through this mailing list.
We also suggest you to follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/_CICC and Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CoalitionfortheInternationalCriminalCourt where we will post timely ASP updates.
Pictures of the event will be posted on the Coalition's Flickr account at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/coalitionforicc/ .
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further information.
I. ASP ISSUES
A. COALITION DOCUMENTS:
1. "Global Coalition Calls for States to Elect the Most Qualified Officials and Properly Fund International Court: 10th Meeting of Assembly of States Parties of the International Criminal Court To Open in New York," Media advisory, Coalition for the International Criminal Court, 07 Dec 20, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/ASP10_CICC_Opening_PR_071211.pdf
2. "Background Paper in Preparation for the Tenth ASP," Coalition for the International Criminal Court, 05 Dec 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/CICC_Background_Paper_ASP_10_Final-1.pdf
3. "International Criminal Court: Recommendations to the Assembly of States Parties at its tenth session (12 to 21 December 2011)," Amnesty International, Dec 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/AI_ASP10_Recommendations_Paper.pdf02
4. "Human Rights Watch Memorandum for the Tenth Session of the International Criminal Court Assembly of States Parties," HRW, 28 Nov 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/Human_Rights_Watch_Memorandum_forthe_Tenth_Session_of_the_International_Criminal_Court_Assembly_ofSt
5. "Issues and Concerns presented to the tenth ASP," Victims Rights Working Group, 02 Dec 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/2011_VRWG_ASP10with_Annex.pdf
6. "Comments and Recommendations to the Tenth Session of the Assembly of States Parties," CICC Budget and Finance Team, 29 Nov 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/CICC_Budget_and_Finance_Team_Paper_ASP10.pdf
7. "Comments and Recommendations to the Tenth Session of the Assembly of States Parties," CICC Cooperation Team, 02 Dec 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/CICC_Cooperation_Team_Paper_(ASP10).pdf
8. "Comments and Recommendations to the Tenth Session of the Assembly of States Parties," CICC Communications Team, 01 Dec 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/CICC_Communications_Team_Paper_-_ASP10.pdf
9. "Comments and Recommendations to the Tenth Session of the ASP," CICC Gender Justice Team, 05 Dec 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/CICC_Gender_Justice_Team_Paper_-_ASP_10.pdf
10. "Comments and Recommendations to the Tenth Session of the Assembly of States Parties," CICC ASP Oversight Team, 02 Dec 2011 , http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/CICC_ASP_Oversight_Team_Paper_-_ASP_10.pdf
11. "ASP 10: Position Paper of the International Criminal Bar," ICB, 25 Nov 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/ICB_position_paper_final_version_EN(1).pdf
12. Letter on ASP to ICC African States, 25 civil society organizations, 28 Nov 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/Letter_on_ASP_to_ICC_African_States_Parties,_November_2011.pdf
13. Letter to Governments in advance of the ASP general debate, CICC, 30 Nov 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/CICC_Letter_General_Debate_ASP10.pdf
14. Press Conference in advance of the 10th ASP, United Nations headquarters, New York, Coalition for the International Criminal Court, 30 Nov 2011, http://www.unmultimedia.org/tv/webcast/2011/11/press-conference-coalition-for-the-international-criminal-court-2.html [VIDEO]
B. ASP DOCUMENTS
1. "Tenth session of the Assembly of States Parties of the International Criminal Court," Media advisory, ICC-ASP, ICC-ASP-20111128-MA114, 28 November 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/ICC-ASP-20111128-MA114.28nov11.1935-1.pdf
2. "ASP10 Journal", ASP, 17 November 2011, http://www.icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/asp_docs/ASP10/ASP10-Journal-ENG.pdf
1. "Comments and Recommendations to the Tenth Session of the Assembly of States Parties," CICC Elections Team, 02 Dec 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/CICC_Elections_Team_Paper_ASP_10.pdf
2. "Consensus candidate for next ICC Prosecutor," ICC-ASP Press Release, ICC-ASP-20111201-PR749 1 Dec 2011, http://www.icc-cpi.int/NR/exeres/02E75726-2CF5-47A4-BAC3-74A31CA325EA.htm
3. "Fatou Bensouda in Line to Become Next International Criminal Court Prosecutor: Current ICC Deputy-Prosecutor Formally Nominated as Consensus Candidate for 12 December Election," Media advisory, CICC, 01 Dec 2011, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/Prosecutor_Election_2011_WIGJ.pdf
4. "Fatou Bensouda - next Chief Prosecutor of the ICC," Media statement, Women's Initiatives for Gender Justice, 2 Dec 2011, http://www.iccwomen.org/documents/Statement_Bensouda_Prosecutor.pdf
5. "Election of the Prosecutor for the ICC: Review of the Process and Final Candidates," Women's Initiatives for Gender Justice, 29 Nov 2011, http://www.iccwomen.org/news/berichtdetail.php?we_objectID=133
6. "Fatou Bensouda is the Consensus Candidate for the ICC Prosecutor Position," Statement, Africa Legal Aid (AFLA), 1 Dec 2011, http://www.imanager.nl/IManager/MailingWeb/6102/laD0i9IlvLi6
7. "CICC Elections Team Q&A on the ICC Prosecutor Election," CICC, http://coalitionfortheicc.org/documents/CICC_Elections_Team__QandA_ICC_Prosecutor_Election_150911-1.pdf
8. "ICC: Q&A on the International Criminal Court Prosecutor Election Process," Factsheet, Human Rights Watch http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/08/12/icc-qa-international-criminal-court-prosecutor-election-process
9. "Report on International Criminal Court Judicial Elections 2011," Independent Panel on ICC Judicial Elections, 26 Oct 2011, http://www.iccindependentpanel.org/sites/default/files/Independent Panel on ICC Judicial Elections - Report 26 October 2011.pdf